Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm sitting here, all my worldly, and some not so worldly, possessions packed away in a 10x20 shed, wondering what the next step in my life will be. I'm an unemployed writer/historian/filmmaker and a mother/grandmother whose children have been supportive enough not to force me into a home when I told them what I planned. I own a car that is virtually theft-proof because it looks like one the Beverly Hillbillies would have turned their nose up at, and a dog that likes to throw things. So what's the obvious next step for a woman like me? Clearly it's to start blogging. I figure everyone should be interested to read it, even if only to find out how a reasonably intelligent woman who actually has some usable job skills ended up in this spot. As I said above, this won't be Under the Tuscan Sun. More like Fried in the New Mexico Desert. But I'm on a quest and though it may not be enlightening, it will definitely be fun. So join me if you dare as I reacquaint myself with America.

1 comment:

  1. About time! Can't wait to see where the journey takes you.

    ReplyDelete